Monday, April 27, 2009

Ahhhh LIfe...

Well things have been rather busy around our household. With the daily stuff of work and family, then the other things like getting ready for a new baby. I've been getting a little worked up the past couple weeks and I know its hormones and the lack of good sleep. I'm getting nervous for the baby and the surgery. All in all life the past couple weeks has been just that life. Nothing really special has gone on. So here is a little run down.

Friday April 17, we went to Longhorn BBQ in Auburn for our neices 21st birthday. We had a blast watching her take her turn at being 21. Let me tell you she has had practice and takes a shot like a total pro! We had great fun watching her dance, drink, get embarassed, embarass her older brother, dance with her uncle (Chris), then start to turn a little green around the gills. A good time was had. It was nice to get out with Chris one last time before the baby gets here!

I've been on the hunt for a baby swing. There is one that I am totally in love with but with this being the last baby I am unwilling to pay $149.99 for one! So I have been to a countless number of consignment shops and I'm sorry but the prices they have been putting everything are not what I call consignment prices. Tonight I am going to go and buy my back up swing, it was my second choice and its on sale. Thankfully I have a gift card and a coupon.

I got the crib all together, with the bedding set that Grandma and Grandpa Ward bought for Ahren. It looks so cute all together. Talan was a big help, with grabbing my tools, and wing nuts. I was being funny there for those of you who don't know my child and his way of helping. Got the bassinet all made and ready. Talan thinks its his new bed for his stuffed critters. He tried to steal it from my room last night.

Then there was our crazy morning yesterday. I love my son Talan, he always keeps me on my toes, but he also wears me out! He is so busy, and reminds me a lot of my best friends child. So he always crawls in bed with me in the morning when he wakes up and we watch cartoons. This happens no big deal right....wrong! I get up to go and turn out his Lightening McQueen light which is made up of something that feels like dried hot glue. I'm always worried that it will melt. As I am walking into his room, I see all these brown tiny ball type things EVERYWHERE. First thought is damn cat pooped in the room, and the little box is right there easily accessable. Then I look over at the dvd player and its has brown smudges across it. I talk down the hall to Talan and ask what is on his floor and dvd player, in which he prompty tells me "Its poop mom", and where did the poop come from..."My diaper see right here" and he points to his diaper and his butt and you can see where he opened his night time diaper and re-did it. I am grossed out at this point, and just shake my head at him. Who really knows when he did this, he went to bed with a clean fresh diaper so between the time he went to bed and woke up he did this. I'm really grossed out now, and take him into the bathroom to wash his hands thinking great he is going to give people e-coli. Needless to say after I was done his room smelled like a hospital, clean and sterile! We used to call him Tater well he is now Monkey since Monkey's fling poop at eachother!
Thank the lord that we have been told by friends and family that this is normal and almost every kid does something like this. But it was still gross!

So that has been life in the Ward house for the past couple weeks. Baby Ahren will be here Thursday morning, so I will post a picture and all the goodies when I get home from my 3 day stay. Until then.....

No comments:

Post a Comment